Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dear Life (as Inspired by Davey) Part 1 in an un-ending series

Dear Life as Inspired by Davey,

I was going through the QSCC forum and a wonderful person had made two lists. A 'thumbs up' list and a 'thumbs down' list. I carried it on in the same medium as he did, but I would like to take this opportunity, life, to express to you my likes and dislikes in this blog. And so it begins:

Thumbs down to:

  • pizza with the wrong toppings
  • not having doors to close in my bedroom
  • nieces eating food I'm about to put in my mouth (bitch stole my rice krispies square!)
  • getting drunk but still remembering things
  • people who I thought were friends who divulge information that is nobody else's business (yeah, still bitter)
  • being bitter
  • not getting invited out just because that girl broke up with me
  • too much rain in July
  • not nearly enough boxes for my books
  • smelling noticeably like Tide laundry detergent. Seriously... is it really that bad? You're always making comments about it (you know who you are)
  • new shower heads that don't give me enough water and pressure at the same time (fts)
  • not having shoes for Davey's party on Saturday (yet?)
  • lesbians being clingy (i.e. me)
  • not having a duvet cover
  • Pringles, because I can stop once I've popped
  • paint fumes

Thumbs up to:
  • finding a Sudoku book and bringing the game back into my life
  • siblings who let me wear their clothes (as an aside here, I find it wonderfully interesting that I will wear the clothes of both my older sister and my younger brother and they will wear mine, but they do not ever share clothes)
  • Jonathan Swift, for writing the best book I've read all summer (Gulliver's Travels)
  • scholarships
  • lined paper
  • blank paper for doodles
  • National Geographic magazines that are decades older than I am
  • 3.5 boxes full of books about Russian history and politics
  • Tide!
  • clean stuffed animals (with bitchin' names like "Roary", "BearBear", "Irving", and "Juvenile Ostrich")
  • neckties (I need a white one, methinks)
  • cross-dressing (personally, I consider it to be cross-dressing when I dress to either the male or female extreme... any thoughts on this, readers?)
  • witch hats and broomsticks not leaving my room because I don't want to pack them yet
  • wire hangers, for holding up such a vast majority of my wardrobe
  • throw pillows, especially the striped ones
  • friends' couches
La vita e bella,
(X)Peat

1 comment:

davey said...

thumbs down to infections!

thumbs up to helpful life instructions!