Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dear Bedroom

Dear Bedroom,

I purged today. I was swimming in memories that I didn't want, so I trashed a lot of them. Not all. No, not all of them. Sometimes you have to keep stuff, and that's okay.
My drawers are emptier. My closet is neat. Only thing is, there are bits of crud all over my floor which I now need to vacuum but I'm too lazy to go get it and lug it down two flights of stairs.
Lots of laundry done today, too.
Tomorrow, bedroom, I'll open the window to get you some air, I'll vacuum and wipe everything down. You'll be like new. And I know what you were like when you were knew, because I helped build you.
I think you might need some new posters. The ones I had as a kid (which are sitting in a tube just waiting to be claimed) are not at all me. They never were, really... but we all do things to be different from who we are.
Anyway, you're much tidier now. Not that you were really all that bad, it was mostly just a build-up of papers from exam time. Also a lot of Kleenexes didn't make it into the bin.
Don't be gettin' all hoard-y again, okay?
At least 90% of what I got rid of was recyclable in some way. Lots of paper, much plastic and cardboard as well.

Maybe I can finally sleep,
Peat

No comments: